SSH Premium Chilli Crab Sauce
15 different ingredients into 1 bottle (270g)
SSH Chilli Crab Recipe
Cooking time: approximately 15 mins
700g - 1kg Mud Crab
270g SSH Premium Chilli Crab Sauce (1 bottle)
7 tablespoons Maggie Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon Cooking oil
1 or ½ Chilli padi (optional)
1½ tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Corn flour
1) Beat the egg
2) (Optional) Cut the Chilli Padi into small pieces
3) Mix 1 tablespoon of Corn flour with 25ml of water
4) Wash and chop the crab
1) In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium heat until simmered.
2) Add 1 bottle of SSH Premium chilli crab sauce and 500ml of water, stirring continuously until the sauce is heated up.
3) Add 1 or ½ chilli padi ONLY if you prefer it to be spicier. (optional)
4) Add 7 tablespoons of tomato sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
5) Add 1½ tablespoon of sugar to enhance the flavour.
6) Stir and ensure the mixture is boiling before adding the crab.
7) Add the crab and cover with a lid for approximately 5 mins. Stir and turn occasionally.
8) Remove the cooked crab from the wok when it turns orange. Next, add the starch mixture previously prepared, into the sauce and stir evenly.
9) Add the beaten egg and stir evenly.
10) Place the crab onto a serving plate and drizzle the sauce over it. Garnish with coriander and serve.
You may enjoy this dish with fried mantou, bread, rice or bee hoon.